If you want intensive treatment for your addiction but you don’t want to go into inpatient treatment, a partial care program is an excellent alternative. You can get a high level of care and support without having to leave your family, work or school responsibilities.
What is a Partial Care Program?
A partial care program (PCP) is more intense than an intensive outpatient treatment program. It is less intense than an inpatient treatment, where you receive 24-hour supervision and support. A PHP allows for more freedom and is more affordable than an inpatient facility.
- You spend most of the day at the clinic or hospital.
- You receive about six hours of treatment for five days a week.
- At the end of each day, you return home.
- You’ll receive intensive therapy while you’re at the facility. This is typically a mix of individual counseling, group therapy, and family therapy.
- The program normally lasts between two weeks and six months.
What will you do during your PCP program? Most of them include the following elements.
- Intensive, one-on-one counseling that focuses on addiction.
- Group therapy.
- Family services including counseling and family therapy.
- Medication monitoring.
- Participation in peer support meetings.
- Case management for individuals who need help finding housing, jobs or appropriate social services.
- Adjunct therapies including occupational, speech and physical therapy if necessary.
- Alternative therapies including yoga, exercise and art therapy.
Is a Partial Care Program for Addiction Right for Me?
A PHP is an excellent choice for anyone who is serious about ending their addiction. It could be right for you in the following situations.
- You need intensive therapy but you don’t want to leave your family, work or school situation.
- You can’t afford inpatient care, but you feel that your addiction needs a high level of therapy.
- You have a psychological or emotional disorder in addition to addiction.
- You’re taking prescription medications or have another medical condition that requires medical monitoring.
- You have a history of self-harm or harming others when you’re not closely supervised.
Find the Right Partial Care Program
A partial care program is a great choice if you want intensive intervention for your addiction but don’t want to disrupt your life. Our counselors can help you find the right program. Call 833-610-1174 anytime.